Faster to any disaster!
SERVPRO of North Huntington is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster! We provide 24-hour emergency service 365 days a year. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 631-423-1734
When your home needs emergency flood damage or storm cleaning, you can depend on SERVPRO of North Huntington. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for flood or storm damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, SERVPRO of North Huntington has the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation
- Commercial Cleaning Services
We answer the phone ready to help!
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help!
Call Today - 631-423-1734
SERVPRO of North Huntington is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO of North Huntington Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
SERVPRO of North Huntington prides itself in being an IICRC certified firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
If you would like more information or have questions regarding our credentials, please contact our office. 631-423-1734
Water Damage - When Should You Call Us? NOW!
SERVPRO of North Huntington is here to help! Call us at the first sign of water damage to prevent secondary issues, 631-423-1734.
Within Minutes of a Water Damage
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
SERVPRO OF NORTH HUNTINGTON is an Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) Certified Firm.
The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace. Every five years, the standards of the IICRC are reviewed and updated accordingly.
IICRC Certified Firms must:
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The Right Equipment
THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT
SERVPRO of NORTH HUNTINGTON knows how important the use of proper equipment is when your home or business has a water damage. Placing the right type and amount of equipment in a timely manner can significantly reduce damage, which is our goal. In addition to our drying equipment, air movers and dehumidifiers, we also use moisture sensors and meters to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. This ensures that even materials that don't "appear" to have been affected are double checked. There is a science behind the drying process.
If you have questions about our process or equipment usage, don't hesitate to call our office. SERVPRO of NORTH HUNTINGTON is always here to help and just a phone call away! Call us now. 631-423-1734
Need Fire, Smoke or Soot Cleanup?
Need Fire, Smoke or Soot Cleanup?
After a fire or smoke damage, a thorough cleaning will be needed for ceilings, walls, floors and personal belongings. SERVPRO of NORTH HUNTINGTON is experienced and available 24/7 and are only a phone call away!
SERVPRO of NORTH HUNTINGTON will pretest to determine the extent of damage, and then use specific equipment and cleaning products required to clean and protect different types of surfaces found in your home or business. As a home or business owner, you have so much invested in your property. Trust the SERVPRO of NORTH HUNTINGTON professionals to protect your most valuable asset. A trained and certified member of our team along with the proper cleaning technique and products can minimize the restoration cost. Attempting to clean or deodorize on your own will likely result in a more costly process.
Mold issue? Don’t ignore it!
Mold issue? Don’t ignore it!
SERVPRO of NORTH HUNTINGTON handles water damages every day and we know that prompt action is required to prevent mold growth. Mold is more likely to spread when an environment has been subject to moisture for a long period of time. If your property has sustained recent water damage, it is vital to remove excess water and dry the structure promptly and properly. If there is an ongoing moisture problem in the building, it is important to look for the following:
- The presence of visible mold
- Strong musty odors which may indicate mold is present
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth
- Excessive moisture
These conditions may require the expertise of a qualified Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional who can inspect the building for mold growth and water damage problems.
If you think you have a mold problem, call SERVPRO of North Huntington, 631-423-1734. We can schedule an assessment with one of our certified technicians who are professionally trained in mold remediation.
Mold… the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Fungi and mold naturally occur in our environment. In fact, over 100,000 kinds of fungi have been identified. Fungi produces some very useful results. Yeast is a type of fungi used in preparing breads, baked goods and other food products, including some alcoholic beverages. The unique flavor of bleu cheese is a result of mold. An edible mushroom is simply a type of fungi, and lifesaving penicillin is a product of mold.
The Bad and the Ugly…
Mold exists in every household, no matter how spotless you keep it. It’s a natural part of the air in any home. Mold becomes a problem if it can grow and spread, which can lead to respiratory problems in those with suppressed immune systems and who suffer from allergies or have asthma. Severe indoor mold infestations can also affect otherwise healthy people.
Things to be aware of…
Do you see mold?
Do you smell mold? Mold has a particular musty, earthy smell. If you smell something not quite right near an area that is prone to dampness and constant moisture, you may be smelling mold. Mold feeds on both wood and drywall, so if you smell a strong, musty odor but don’t see any discoloration, the problem may be inside of your wall. Check for leaks both inside and outside of the wall to help you track down the source of the smell.
If you suspect you have a mold problem, call us – SERVPRO of North Huntington 631-423-1734. A professional in mold remediation will examine your home or business and determine the next course of action needed.
Storm or Flood Damage? Call us now! 631-423-1734
SERVPRO of NORTH HUNTINGTON specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call SERVPRO of NORTH HUNTINGTON today!