If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (631) 423-1734

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

House Fires Caused by Candles

11/25/2019 (Permalink)

2 men using fire damage cleaning equipment  SERVPRO of North Huntington will make your Fire Damage "Like it never even happened."

As much as you might love lighting up a candle, consider this: Between 2009 and 2013, candles were responsible for 9,300 home fires. This caused $374 million in property damage in the U.S. About a third of these fires started in the bedroom, and half of them were simply because something was left too close to the flame and caught fire. 

How to Reduce Candle Fires:

  • Always blow out candles when you leave the room or go to sleep.
  • Never leave kids alone in a room with a burning candle.
  • Keep candles away from anything that's flammable.
  • Consider using flameless, battery operated candles. You can get ones that are scented!
  • Use flashlights instead of candles if your power goes out.  

No one ever thinks they will be the victim of a house fire. Making a few small changes can help to keep your family and your home safe.

Other News

View Recent Posts